In 1957 the Cleveland Lakefront Airport moved
onto a 3,600-foot hard-surface runway. In 1958
the runway was extended to 5,200 feet. Also in
1958, a $1.6-million contract was awarded for
construction of a Lakefront Airport
administration building (model below).
Completion of the building would make Cleveland
one of the few cities in the country with a
feeder-type airport close to its downtown area.